PhD position in Social Psychology/Experimental Pragmatics
PhD 4-year job position Social Psychology/Experimental Pragmatics at the Univeristé Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
One PhD position is available within a joint project on pragmatics and social cognition, coordinated by Olivier Klein and Mikhail Kissine. The project will start on October 1st 2012 and end in September 2016. The successful candidate is expected to develop and conduct experimental studies on the mechanisms of gullibility and epistemic vigilance in verbal communication. Net monthly salary starts around 1600 €. (Continued below the fold.)
Master degree in psychology or linguistics (or related areas), awarded at the latest by the onset of the contract.
Previous experience in designing, conducting and analyzing experimental studies.
· excellent mastery of French & English;
· training in social cognition, psycholinguistics and/or experimental pragmatics;
· good mastery of experimental software (E-Prime, Medialab…) and mastery of data analysis techniques;
· interest in philosophy of language and mind.
How to apply:
Applications (.pdf format) should be sent exclusively by email to project co-ordinators (mkissineATulb.ac.be & okleinATulb.ac.be) by July 10, 2012. Please include:
– A Curriculum Vitae preferably with a detailed transcript of the courses followed and of the results obtained;
– The name and email address of two referees;
– A sample of academic writing (e.g., master thesis, essay, scientific paper…)
– A cover letter