Inaugural Cultural Evolution Society Conference, Jena, 13-15 September 2017
Call for abstracts: submission deadline: June 1, 2017.
The Cultural Evolution Society supports evolutionary approaches to culture in humans and other animals. We are committed to fostering an integrative interdisciplinary community spanning traditional academic boundaries from across the social, psychological, and biological sciences, and including archaeology, computer science, economics, history, linguistics, mathematics, philosophy and religious studies.
Our inaugural meeting encourages contributions across a diversity of themes that may include:
– Analysis of quantitative data to study cultural and historical dynamics
– Cognitive anthropology
– Evolutionary psychology
– Comparative studies of social learning/cultural transmission in humans and other animals
– Education and outreach from Cultural Evolution into civil society
– Evolution of cooperation
– Experimental studies of social learning/cultural evolution
– ‘Grand Challenges’ revealed in the recent survey of founding members (link)
– Modelling of cultural evolutionary dynamics
– Neuroscience and biological approaches
– Phylogenetic analysis of culture and language
– Evolution of religious beliefs and practices
– Evolution of language and languages
– Real-world applications of cultural evolutionary knowledge
In this and future meetings, we are committed to an inclusive, pluralistic perspective. We hope you will join us in Jena, Germany at the inaugural meeting of the Cultural Evolution Society in September 2017.
Abstract submission deadline: June 1, 2017.Notification to authors: July 2017
More details at https://www.shh.mpg.de/cescjena2017
No comments yet